Increasing numbers of over 60s are choosing to divorce. Collaborative Family Lawyer Katy Zikking
of QualitySolicitors Burroughs Day in Bristol has the following top five tips for a Silver Divorce:
- Consider an amicable approach to the divorce. Research collaborative practice.
- Take independent legal advice as soon as you feel ready. Ensure your solicitor is someone you can relate to and feel comfortable with.
- Consider family therapy to ensure the wider family emerges unscathed.
- Take independent financial advice to ensure your money will work for you as hard as possible throughout retirement.
- Look after yourself and your health. Divorce is a stressful process and you will need to invest in your health as well as your finances.
Read Katy’s article in full on the Daily Express website